The traditional period in the northern hemisphere for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity is 18-25 January. Those dates were proposed in 1908 by Paul Wattson to cover the original days of the feasts of the Chair of St. Peter (January 18) and the Conversion of St. Paul (January 25) , and therefore have a symbolic significance. In Chicago a special event is to be held on January 25 in Hyde Park. I encourage all friends of Christian unity to join me this year, on Saturday, January 25, at 7:00 p.m.
Subscribe to Posts
Receive every new post as an email in your inbox.
- How Does Jesus Speak to Our Modern Religious and Social Context?
- War: The Most Dreaded Enemy of Liberty
- How Could Tyranny Destroy Our Democracy?
- Pondering the Syrian Context on the Day After Our Nation Launched Fifty Tomahawk Missiles
- “Can Costly Love Change Our Cities?” A Conference Call on the Meaning and Power of Love