Subscribe to PostsReceive every new post as an email in your inbox.
- Personal (Non-Scientific) Reflections on Millennials and the Church (Part Two)
- Personal (Non-Scientific) Reflections on Millennials and the Church (Part One)
- The Growing Desire for Silence in the Church – How Shall We Respond?
- The Abuse of Women and Our Response (Part Two)
- The Abuse of Women and Our Response (Part One)
- Eric on Personal (Non-Scientific) Reflections on Millennials and the Church (Part One)
- Phil Miglioratti on Jesus’ Greatest Desire for His Church on Earth
- Phil Miglioratti on What Has Love Got to Do With Unity?
- dr jeff scott on Andy Stanley Gets Hammered for Comments on Revival
- Adam Shields on Our Judgment: How It Destroys Christian Unity in Love
Category Archives: Homosexuality
I do not know of a cultural debate that reveals the profound differences among conservative Christians in America more than the recent decision of the Boys Scouts of America (BSA) to openly accept homosexual scouts. (A move to allow openly … Continue reading
Sex is the lifeline of all human life on this planet. Virtually all forms of animal life mate in one form or another. This is how they procreate their species. For most species the ability to share the physical act … Continue reading
The current debate about marriage, same-sex marriage, and the relationship of both to orthodox Christian teaching, all seems to finally come down to sex itself. I am convinced, however, that if we draw this conclusion it is incredibly flawed. I … Continue reading
I concluded in yesterday’s post that marriage is in deep trouble as a social institution in Western culture. After centuries of development, and developing legal support, the institution is now falling apart in a little more than one generation. This … Continue reading
In the introduction to his classic book, Orthodoxy, the famous G. K. Chesterton says that he wished “to set forth my faith as particularly answering this double spiritual need, the need for that mixture of the familiar and the unfamiliar … Continue reading
In my final blog response to the recent Supreme Court rulings on same-sex marriage I conclude with several reflections on matters that I feel far more comfortable writing about since I am neither a legal expert nor a professional ethicist. … Continue reading
I argued yesterday that the new social and legal reality of same-sex marriage is not a passing fad that will just go away because we invest a lot of money and effort into strategies to stop it. This train has … Continue reading
The recent Supreme Court rulings on DOMA (The Defense of Marriage Act), and California’s Prop 8 (which said marriage could only be between a man and a woman legally), brought great joy to millions of Americans. It also brought despair … Continue reading
Yesterday I gave a simple overview of the recent Supreme Court opinions on same-sex marriage. I suggested that from a purely legal standpoint the arguments of the slim majority, in these two 5-4 rulings, were stretched beyond the normal limits … Continue reading