This is an “older” video of a dialogue that I did with Fr. Jon Braun, who is an Antiochian Orthodox priest. Fr. Braun was a Campus Crusade for Christ staff leader when I was a college student in 1967-1971. Eventually, along with several of his good friends on Campus Crusade for Christ staff, Fr. Braun entered the Orthodox Church. (He was a Presbyterian before his conversion to Orthodoxy.) We were both invited to share in this conversation together by an Orthodox Church in Bloomington, Indiana. I have never publicly posted this particular video. As you will note, if you follow me online, I was “the old John” in this video. (I was about 50 pounds heavier). I have been asked over the past three years, “Are you sick?” No, I intentionally lost a lot of weight and as a result I look thinner. More importantly, I feel much, much better. I hope you will find this dialogue interesting and helpful. It is the only one I’ve ever done “one-to-one” with an Orthodox priest in a public context.
Subscribe to Posts
Receive every new post as an email in your inbox.
- How Does Jesus Speak to Our Modern Religious and Social Context?
- War: The Most Dreaded Enemy of Liberty
- How Could Tyranny Destroy Our Democracy?
- Pondering the Syrian Context on the Day After Our Nation Launched Fifty Tomahawk Missiles
- “Can Costly Love Change Our Cities?” A Conference Call on the Meaning and Power of Love