The traditional period in the northern hemisphere for the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity is 18-25 January. Those dates were proposed in 1908 by Paul Wattson to cover the original days of the feasts of the Chair of St. Peter (January 18) and the Conversion of St. Paul (January 25) , and therefore have a symbolic significance. In Chicago a special event is to be held on January 25 in Hyde Park. I encourage all friends of Christian unity to join me this year, on Saturday, January 25, at 7:00 p.m.
Subscribe to PostsReceive every new post as an email in your inbox.
- Michael Lindsay: Do We All Have to Agree?
- Why Have Some Political Conservatives So Radically Missed the Pope’s Message?
- Following the Visit of Pope Francis to America in September
- Cardinal O’Malley’s Magnificent Address on Unity at Gordon College
- A Reformed Evangelical and Eastern Orthodox Conversation (Video)