The Associated Press reported today that Jerry Falwell believes that God will preserve a Republican majority in the Congress. I wonder who told him? I am sure of only one thing—it was not God. Where does he get this stuff? I wonder if the Republicans are grateful that he told the world these new revelations before the November mid-term elections. Nonsense is nonsense regardless of who utters it, including conservative preachers. Maybe it would be better to say, "especially Christian preachers." I am grateful for more and more Christians who are exercised to engage in public affairs but I am struck by the lack of wisdom that often reigns on the religious left and the religious right.
Subscribe to PostsReceive every new post as an email in your inbox.
- Greg Metzger on Our Love Is Too Small – An Update and a Plan
- J. Mallord on Bishop Tony Palmer and Pope Francis on Christian Unity
- John Appleton on The Sudden Passing of Ecumenist Tony Palmer
- Rick Landry on The Sudden Passing of Ecumenist Tony Palmer
- Adam Shields on The Sudden Passing of Ecumenist Tony Palmer