The Associated Press reported today that Jerry Falwell believes that God will preserve a Republican majority in the Congress. I wonder who told him? I am sure of only one thing—it was not God. Where does he get this stuff? I wonder if the Republicans are grateful that he told the world these new revelations before the November mid-term elections. Nonsense is nonsense regardless of who utters it, including conservative preachers. Maybe it would be better to say, "especially Christian preachers." I am grateful for more and more Christians who are exercised to engage in public affairs but I am struck by the lack of wisdom that often reigns on the religious left and the religious right.
Subscribe to PostsReceive every new post as an email in your inbox.
- Ft. Thomas Baima on the Power of Christian Unity
- Fr. Robert Barron on the Importance of Christian Unity
- An Evening for Ecumenical Conversation @ St. Procopius Abbey
- National Workshop on Christian Unity 2015
- The Roman Catholic and Evangelical Dialogue: Reflections on Ecumenism for the 21st Century (Video)