Subscribe to PostsReceive every new post as an email in your inbox.
- Personal (Non-Scientific) Reflections on Millennials and the Church (Part Two)
- Personal (Non-Scientific) Reflections on Millennials and the Church (Part One)
- The Growing Desire for Silence in the Church – How Shall We Respond?
- The Abuse of Women and Our Response (Part Two)
- The Abuse of Women and Our Response (Part One)
- Eric on Personal (Non-Scientific) Reflections on Millennials and the Church (Part One)
- Phil Miglioratti on Jesus’ Greatest Desire for His Church on Earth
- Phil Miglioratti on What Has Love Got to Do With Unity?
- dr jeff scott on Andy Stanley Gets Hammered for Comments on Revival
- Adam Shields on Our Judgment: How It Destroys Christian Unity in Love
Monthly Archives: November 2012
I wrote a blog about the Taizé meeting held at DePaul University in Chicago last May. I also announced this unique event at our March 26 Conversation with Cardinal George. I devote a section of my book, Your Church Is … Continue reading
A 15-year old high school student in the San Antonio (TX) has sued her school district for requiring her to wear “the mark of the beast.” I’m not making this up friends. Andrea Hernandez believes a locating device, increasingly used … Continue reading
Common Ground: God’s Gift of a Restored Marriage, by Gordon Bals, is a book “God can use” according to best-selling author Larry Crabb. I agree and this is why I endorsed the book by writing: Books on marriage are very … Continue reading
I continue my series , now in six parts, on the recent federal election. I believe the election, and the exit polling results, reveals our current spiritual state quite starkly. I thus begin by making a suggestion that will likely … Continue reading
The recent federal election reveals that the social, religious and political landscape of America invites new coalitions that are broader than any one church, community or tribal faction. If only one party benefits, and that by the force of raw … Continue reading
The Acton Institute is pleased to announce that registration is now open for the 2013 Acton University (AU), which will take place on June 18-21 in Grand Rapids, Michigan. For four days each June, the Acton Institute convenes an ecumenical conference of pastors, … Continue reading
Thanksgiving Day remains my favorite U.S. holiday. It is so simple, so unencumbered by troublesome trappings. Though the infamous “Black Friday” specials begin almost before Thanksgiving Day is over this day essentially remains non-material in its orientation. It is also … Continue reading
“Skyfall,” the new James Bond film, is more realistic and believable than any Bond film I’ve seen. It is also much less cavalier in its attitude toward morality and womanizing than we have come to expect from the various Bond … Continue reading
Yesterday I continued my survey of what recent election exit polling told us about great divisions that are ever so apparent in America culture today. Our national election revealed some huge divides that are not likely to be resolved anytime … Continue reading