Subscribe to PostsReceive every new post as an email in your inbox.
- Personal (Non-Scientific) Reflections on Millennials and the Church (Part Two)
- Personal (Non-Scientific) Reflections on Millennials and the Church (Part One)
- The Growing Desire for Silence in the Church – How Shall We Respond?
- The Abuse of Women and Our Response (Part Two)
- The Abuse of Women and Our Response (Part One)
- Eric on Personal (Non-Scientific) Reflections on Millennials and the Church (Part One)
- Phil Miglioratti on Jesus’ Greatest Desire for His Church on Earth
- Phil Miglioratti on What Has Love Got to Do With Unity?
- dr jeff scott on Andy Stanley Gets Hammered for Comments on Revival
- Adam Shields on Our Judgment: How It Destroys Christian Unity in Love
Monthly Archives: November 2007
Henry Hyde (1924-2007) was my congressman. Yes, he was a national figure to many. Indeed, I believe he was one of the most influential figures in recent American political history. But to me he will always be “my congressman.” He … Continue reading
Radio and TV talk show host Glenn Beck’s new book, An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World’s Biggest Problems (Simon & Schuster) has soared to the number one spot on the New York Times hardcover nonfiction bestseller list—despite the … Continue reading
Well, we have another new No. 1 team this week—Missouri. I have been saying for weeks that Kansas would lose a game so I guess I am not a total dunce when it comes to predictions. LSU losing to Arkansas … Continue reading
Some court cases strike me as particularly intriguing. Not because they make Court TV, though they might for all I know, but because they involve complex factors in decision making and punishment. One such case in Illinois involved the sentencing … Continue reading
This week, to say the least, has been an incredible one for me personally. It began on Monday with the passing of my mom at 12:05 p.m. I then flew back to Chicago on Tuesday and celebrated Thanksgiving with Anita’s … Continue reading
The ACT 3 Roman Catholic and Evangelical Forum, held on September 16, and written about extensively in nine previous posts on this site, is now available in DVD and MP3 format. It is very nicely produced and of highest quality. … Continue reading
Crazy for God (Carroll & Graf Publishers: New York, 2007), by Frank Schaeffer, is a brand-new memoir written by the son of the famous evangelical writer and evangelist, Dr. Francis Schaeffer (1912-1984). I first heard of the famous Francis Schaeffer, … Continue reading
Here is the memorial service that we have planned for this Sunday in Huntsville. I would ask you to pray for me as I preach twice in the morning at Southwood Presbyterian Church, from 1 Thessalonians 5:18 on giving thanks … Continue reading
I wrote an obituary for my mother to run in the Friday newspaper in Huntsville, Alabama. Here is the simple story of her long life. At $1.00 per word you have to be brief, unless you are wealthy and vain, … Continue reading