Subscribe to PostsReceive every new post as an email in your inbox.
- Personal (Non-Scientific) Reflections on Millennials and the Church (Part Two)
- Personal (Non-Scientific) Reflections on Millennials and the Church (Part One)
- The Growing Desire for Silence in the Church – How Shall We Respond?
- The Abuse of Women and Our Response (Part Two)
- The Abuse of Women and Our Response (Part One)
- John on Andy Stanley Gets Hammered for Comments on Revival
- gregory a moats on Personal (Non-Scientific) Reflections on Millennials and the Church (Part Two)
- Eric on Personal (Non-Scientific) Reflections on Millennials and the Church (Part One)
- Phil Miglioratti on Jesus’ Greatest Desire for His Church on Earth
- Phil Miglioratti on What Has Love Got to Do With Unity?
Monthly Archives: November 2006
A noted person is quoted in today’s news saying he “considers it extremely unlikely that the American people consent to the billions of dollars of annual expenditure from [their] treasury for this [Iraq] military misadventure.” The same man added: “You … Continue reading
“You can safely assume that you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” – Anne Lamott This quote stopped me in my tracks! I have been guilty of … Continue reading
On August 17 I posted a blog about two people who faced deeply personal trials that were life threatening. (One of the things I hoped to accomplish in that blog was to urge each of us to realize that we … Continue reading
Pope Benedict XVI is scheduled to make a four-day visit to Turkey beginning this Tuesday. The personal risk is very high and the opposition to his coming to Istanbul is huge. Today more than 25,000 people have begun angry demonstrations, … Continue reading
A friend wrote a private question about my references to certainty in recent posts. The concept of certainty is heavily philosophical. I am not praising doubt, or unbelief. Dietrich Bonhoeffer expressed my central point well when he wrote: “Jesus Christ … Continue reading
My friend Monte Wilson is one of the most insightful writers that I know. He often understands important things and writes with passion and clarity. He sends occasional thoughts to his friends. The one that follows came to me earlier … Continue reading
Sometimes you just need to laugh. Readers Digest often provides the material for some good ones, like these: "He must not be very good at his job" was the first thing that came to mind as I left church. The … Continue reading
Tom Brokaw gave the Remembrance Day address at the Gettysburg Cemetery last Sunday, November 19. I was pleased to hear him in person. He is truly a master speaker and quite frankly a very real presence. He is a tall … Continue reading
I am incredibly self-conscious about writing this but my wife asked me to consider it. I try to listen to her wise advice so here goes. What she said to me was, “Ask your readers at Thanksgiving to share one … Continue reading